- Be GOD-FEARING. Remember, all the wisdom begins and ends with God. Take care never to offend God.
- NEVER WASTE A MOMENT OF TIME. Time is precious. Never seek excuses for being absent. Don’t day-
dream but keep your mind on your book. Always be in time for school.
- DO NOT PASS ON TO SOMETHING NEW UNTIL YOU HAVE UNDERSTOOD ALL THAT HAS GONE BEFORE. Follow up your studies day by day. Do not leave everything until the examinations are near. Never be afraid of asking further explanations from your teacher.
- TAKE YOUR MEALS AT FIXED HOURS. Regulate your meals well. An over loaded stomach will mean head-
aches and inability to apply yourself to study.
- MAKE FRIENDS WITH STUDIOUS STUDENTS. They will help you both by word and example. Keep
away from the bad and lazy.
- TAKE PART IN GAMES. Recreation serves to refresh your mind and gives you new energy for study. Never
read during recreation; on the other hand do not give yourself up entirely to games to the detriment of your
- DO NOT FLINCH IN THE FACE OF DIFFICULTIES IN YOUR STUDIES. Tackle all your difficulties with courage. Remember, a prayer to God for light will always help.
- WHEN STUDYING KEEP YOUR MIND ONLY ON YOUR BOOKS. Do not take on too many extra activities that
may hamper your studies. If you read, read useful books; do not get a craze for comics etc.
- ALWAYS HAVE RECOURSE TO THE PROTECTION OF MARY, THE MOTHER OF GOD. She is invoked as “Seat of wisdom”. Begin and end all your studies with a “Hail Mary” to her.