ADVICE TO PARENTS
- We believe in the dictum that the parents are the first teachers and the teachers are the second parents.
- Kindly discourage your child from taking leave as far as possible. Go through your child’s diary daily, to check whether there is any message for you and countersign it.
- Keep in touch with the day-to-day progress of your child and discuss it with the Principal regularly at the appointed hours.
- Criticism of a teacher or the school in the presence of the child should be avoided because it may cause the student to lose respect for teacher and school.
- The entrusting of a pupil to the school implies that the parents agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the school. Parents should see that their children prepare home lessons properly and devote at least 2-3 hours in the evening for their studies alone.
- As education is primarily the responsibility of the parents, they are expected to co-operate with the school community with regard to pupils’ integral growth. Therefore, parents are requested to follow up the child in the process of growth and maintain a cordial, cooperative relationship with the school authorities.
PARENT- TEACHER ASSOCIATION
All the parents and teachers of the school are members of this association. The main aims of the association are:
- To make the parents involve themselves actively in various activities of the school;
- To bring about better understanding of the problems of the children through frequent parent-teacher contacts;
- To acquaint the parents with the modern methods of education through lectures, seminars and cultural programmes so that they can co-operate with the teachers in moulding the total personality of the children. Meetings will be held occasionally. Parents attendance at these meetings is earnestly solicited.